Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ginger and Garlic Marinated Steak



It’s time for a change. Time to make some updates.  


Out with the old and in with the new.


But before all of this went away, I made one more meal in my old kitchen and it did not disappoint me at all. 

 
I adapted this from a recipe that I had found on Real Simple. The flavors were remarkable and I ate so much that my belly felt like it had just devoured a Thanksgiving dinner. Next time around, I may try all of this on the grill.


Here’s the link to the original and below is my version.

I increased the dressing amount below. In the future, I will skip the pickled carrots, add more vegetables and stir-fry them in a little of the sauce.  Serve this with Soba noodles and drizzle with any remaining dressing.




Ginger and Garlic Marinated Steak
Serves 4

2/3 C. Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
1 ½ Tbl. Grated Fresh Ginger
3-4 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tbl. Red Pepper Flakes (less if desired)
6 Tbl. Rice Vinegar
6 Tbl. Brown Sugar
¼ C. Canola Oil
1 ½ lb. Flank Steak
Handful of chopped Fresh Cilantro

In a medium bowl, mix together the first 7 ingredients with a fork or whisk.
Pour half of the dressing into a sealable bag or shallow dish and add the steak. Refrigerate for about 4 hours or up to 12 hours, turning once.
Pull the meat from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking. Turn the broiler to high, cover a broiler pan with cooking spray and broiler on one side for 5-6 minutes. Turn and broiler another 5-6 minutes until desired doneness. Remove and tent with foil and rest 10 minutes.
Slice and serve with vegetable, noodles and remaining dressing. Top with Cilantro.






'If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.' 
Mary Engelbreit


4 comments:

  1. Wow great job! This steak sounds spectacular with lots of flavor. Good luck on your renovations!

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks juicy and yummy! It is one of my dreams to learn how to make steak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah for new kitchens and steak. In no particular order.

    ReplyDelete