Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Whole Lot of Nothing With a Whole Lot of Spirits




Two weeks ago I stumbled upon this Etsy site and bought this little gem.


Hoop Art


It had reminded me of this photo that I took while my husband and I drove from Las Vegas to Tucson to surprise his mother for his birthday. When I saw it, I knew I had to have it. 
 


Did you ever have one of these days? I had come home one day this Summer, to this text from my friend Birgit. So glad it wasn’t me.






The other day I went to the store. Not any store, the liquor store. My subconscious must have driven me there. This is not the first time that I’ve done this recently. One night after having been out for dinner, I dragged my Aunt with me, because I was determined to find that Cider Boys Ale, (total score in my book).


As I was admiring the bottles and the liquid colors that they stored, my mind started running. Do you know how many different flavored Rums they have now? Geez. I made my selections and I was gone. After experimenting with these spirits and feeling mighty fine along the way, I found that you can enjoy this variously; As a punch, with Seltzer Water, Sprite or Squirt; as a Martini, (you will feel like a sophisticated drinker); or in a tall glass with ice and a splash of Sprite or Squirt (can imagine yourself on an island swinging with a hammock?). The choices are yours.



Island Swing
Makes about 3 cups

½ C. Vodka
¼ C. Malibu Rum
¼ C. Malibu Cranberry-Cherry Liqueur*
¼ C. Peach Schnapps
1 C. Cranberry Juice
½ C. Orange Juice
Lime wedges & Orange Slices for garnish
A Splash of Sprite or Squirt (optional)

*If you cannot find this one, substitute with any Cherry flavored liqueur or Grey Goose Cherry Noir Vodka

Place all in a pitcher and mix.




Next time one of your friends has a bad day, give them something to sip.



No comments:

Post a Comment